These are a fun and filling way to serve scrambled eggs, and the zippy flavor will wake up your taste buds.Brenda Spann, Granger, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- drippings. Saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in drippings
- until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs. Cook and stir until set.
- Place an equal amount of sausage mixture on each tortilla; cover with
- an equal amount of eggs and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold bottom of
- tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 751 calories, 43 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 390 mg cholesterol, 1,333 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.