These tender, flavorful bread sticks are not only pretty; they taste every bit like they were made from scratch. It’s a very nice use of a frozen dough product and of course, very convenient.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 4 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon poppy, sesame and/or caraway seeds
- Cut a dinner roll into three pieces; roll each piece into a 9-in.
- rope. Place three ropes together; braid. Pinch ends to seal and tuck
- under. Repeat with remaining ropes.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 20 minutes. Brush breadsticks with egg; sprinkle with
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 4 breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 breadstick equals 109 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.