Breaded Turkey Sandwiches
My 9-year-old son came up with this recipe, now a post-Turkey Day tradition. The combo is both unique and delicious. For an even "meltier" sandwich, try grilling it. —Shannon Bray, Magnolia, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the bread crumbs, salt, rosemary and pepper. Dip turkey
- slices in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Spread jam over toast; layer four slices with turkey and cheese. Top
- with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 699 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.