Breaded Pork Chops
These pork chops were a much-requested dish by customers in the small cafe I owned years ago. I still like to collect recipes and experiment as often as I can.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the first
- seven ingredients. Dip pork chops into milk, then into the cornmeal
- mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.