Breaded Eggplant Slices
"These crisp golden rounds are a fun and different way to serve eggplant," notes Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas." Even folks who aren't fond of eggplant like it fixed this way."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Cut eggplant into 1/2-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine bread
- crumbs and cheese. Place salad dressing in another bowl. Dip
- eggplant into salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 975 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.