Bread Bowl Appetizer
"This dip is a favorite at potlucks and picnics," says Melissa Cook of Chico, California. "Although it's terrific as an appetizer, we often turn the creamy mixture into a sandwich by spreading it on slices of crusty baguettes."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound deli pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and chill
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve dip, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Carefully
- hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Save top and
- removed bread for another use.) Fill shell with dip. Serve with
- crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 6 cups dip.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 186 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.