Here’s a fast, delicious way to dress up crisp-tender broccoli from our Test Kitchen! Just toss with a simple sweet-sour mixture that gets a slight kick from crushed red pepper flakes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over broccoli and gently
- toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.