These hearty, nutritious muffins make a nice addition to all your meals no matter what time of day. They can bake while you prepare other menu items, so you can enjoy them hot from the oven.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; set aside. In a bowl,
- combine cereal and milk; let stand for 2 minutes. Add egg and oil;
- mix well. Add dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with skim milk) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 116 calories, 299 mg sodium, 18 mg cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fat.