Bountiful Berry Sips
Served as a sweet appetizer or miniature dessert, these berry and wine infused sips will lend a touch of class and creativity to an engagement. —Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring strawberries and 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover
- and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds and pulp.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water. Return strawberry puree to
- saucepan. Add the wine, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in mint.
- Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve
- in shot glasses. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 ounces equals 45 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.