Bottoms-Up Cherry Limeade
My guests enjoy this refreshing cherry-topped drink. It's just right on a hot southern summer evening. And it's pretty, too.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters lime carbonated water, chilled
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 8 lime slices
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and sugar substitute. Cover and
- refrigerate. Just before serving, stir carbonated water into lime
- juice mixture.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon cherry juice in a glass. Add
- crushed ice and about 1 cup of lime juice mixture. Garnish with a
- maraschino cherry and a lime slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 52 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.