My mother has been making these wonderful sandwiches since she left her hometown of Boston many years ago. They're quick to prepare and travel well if tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. The recipe is great for parties if you use a loaf of French or Italian bread instead of the individual rolls.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 submarine sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing, divided
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 pound each thinly sliced bologna, deli ham, hard salami, pepperoni and olive loaf
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Spread mayonnaise on inside of buns. Brush with half of the salad
- dressing. Layer deli meats and cheese on bun bottoms. Top with
- onion, tomato, pickles and lettuce. Sprinkle with oregano and
- drizzle with remaining dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 682 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,863 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.