- and border. Cover and set bowls aside. Frost cake with the remaining
- white frosting.
- Using dental floss or a sharp knife, mark a straight line lengthwise
- down the center of the cake. Mark additional lengthwise straight
- lines, dividing the cake into four equal sections. Mark four lines
- widthwise, dividing the cake into a total of 20 squares.
- For booties, insert plain pastry tip # 8 into a pastry bag or a
- plastic bag with small hole; add pink frosting. In alternating
- squares, pipe an elongated dot, raising up at one end to from the
- heat (see Photo 1).
- For rattles, use plain tip #8 and blue frosting. In each of the empty
- squares, pipe one large dot and one small dot, leaving 3/4 in.
- between dots. Use plain tip #2 and blue frosting to pipe a line
- connecting the dots (see Photo 2).
- For trim, use plain tip #2 and reserved white frosting. Pipe a bow
- and trim on each bootie and a bow on each rattle.
- Use star tip #20 to pipe rows of white shells on top of the straight
- lines. Pipe a row of shells around top and bottom edges of cake.
- Yield: 20-24 servings.
Editor's Note: Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change tips for different designs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 506 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.