Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
This old-fashioned stew conveniently bakes in the oven, so I can put it together and forget about it.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to
- a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway
- and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in.
- chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or
- until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer