Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
With the addition of vanilla yogurt, this basic muffin turns out moist and tender. It’s easy and quick to prepare. My husband loves these muffins for breakfast on mornings when he is rushing out the door. —Cindi Budreau, Neenah, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and
- baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 228 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.