With its great blueberry flavor, this syrup is delicious served over ice cream, pancakes or waffles.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a blender, combine 1 cup blueberries and corn syrup; cover and
- process for 30 seconds or until blueberries are almost smooth.
- Place cornstarch in a small saucepan; gradually whisk in the
- blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir
- for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the
- remaining blueberries and cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 69 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.