- each side; turning gently.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and
- salt. Gently whisk in orange juice and water until smooth. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce
- heat; stir in oranges and blueberries. Cook for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve with French toast; sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece with 1/4 cup sauce equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.