This quick, easy and comforting recipe can also be microwaved to save on time and not compromise flavor. It's simply unbeatable warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Add pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over fruit. Cover
- and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Notes: If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 621 calories,