Blueberry Peach Muffins
Patricia Ford in Joussard, Alberta shares her treasured, awardwinning recipe for mouthwatering blueberry muffins flavored with peach yogurt. Enjoy!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add
- to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each
- addition. Fold in blueberries and orange peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Leftovers may be frozen. Yield: 8 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 185 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,