"These cool and lightly sweet parfaits put a new twist on berries and cream," says Adeline Piscitelli of Sayreville, New Jersey. "My guests marvel at the simple ingredients that go into this elegant dessert."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice and peel.
- Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, place half of the
- berries in dessert dishes or parfait glasses; top with half of the
- sour cream mixture. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.