Blueberry Orange Bread
"Plump ripe blueberries and orange juice bring a refreshing and fruity flavor to this special golden loaf," writes Donna Smith of Victor, New York.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine egg, orange juice, water, butter and orange peel. Add to dry
- ingredients just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into
- a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to
- a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.