“We love homemade oatmeal, and this comforting breakfast dish tastes more like dessert. It’s good for you, too,” Lesley Robeson writes from Warren, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Stir in oats and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Divide between two
- serving bowls; top with blueberries. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 455 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.