Blueberry Oat Waffles
"I truly enjoy recipes that make enough for the two of us, like this one for yummy waffles," shares Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "Instead of blueberries, you can slice ripe strawberries on top-or use the batter to make pancakes."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and
- salt. Combine the milk, egg, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry
- ingredients and mix well. Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand
- for 5 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 2 waffles (about 6-3/4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 669 calories, 41 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.