Blueberry Oat Waffles
"My husband craves waffles for breakfast on weekends," relates Nancy Zimmerman from Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "This hearty berry version is one of his favorites. It's one of mine, too, since it starts with convenient buttermilk pancake mix."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, oats and sugar. Whisk the
- milk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- direction. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 214 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.