Blueberry Oat Bars
Oats add crunch to the tasty crust and crumbly topping of these fruity bars from Deena Hubler of Jasper, Indiana. "I often bake them for church parties," she informs. "Men expecially love them."
30-36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, 1 cup sugar and baking
- soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2
- cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice and
- remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring
- Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb
- mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.