At the height of blueberry season, you'll find me making many jars of this savory jam for friends and family. Not only is it sugar-free, this jam is cholesterol-free besides. —Fran Boise, Marion, New York
64 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the apple juice concentrate into a saucepan; sprinkle with
- gelatin and allow to soften for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, finely chop blueberries, 1
- cup at a time. Add lemon juice, spices and 2 cups of chopped berries
- to gelatin; heat over medium-low until gelatin is dissolved. Remove
- from the heat; stir in remaining berries and mix well.
- Pour into jars or plastic containers; store in the refrigerator up to
- three weeks. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-tablespoon serving equals a free food; also 12 calories, 1 mg sodium 0 cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat.