Blueberry Fruit Smoothie
This yummy smoothie just might take you back to soda-fountain days...but it's a nutritious low-fat alternative to traditional malts, shakes and sodas. Mary laJoie, of Glenoma, Washington shared the recipe.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 149 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.