Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
"Our family loves blue cheese dressing, but not the fat," writes Alcy Thorne of Los Molinos, California. She shares the recipe for her creamy dressing that also makes a great veggie dip. "We appreciate this healthier alternative that uses fat-free sour cream, milk and cream cheese.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute or until fluffy. Add
- sour cream; beat until blended. Add the mayonnaise, milk, mustard,
- salt and pepper; beat until well blended. Stir in blue cheese. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.