Blue Cheese Potatoes
Brandi Rook serves this warm creamy potato salad to the blue cheese lovers in her Salina, Kansas home. "Try it with a beef entree," she suggests. "It's incredibly tasty yet quick to fix because you don't need to peel the potatoes."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, fold whipped cream and blue cheese into
- mayonnaise. Drain potatoes; gently stir in blue cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 376 calories, 31 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.