Blue Cheese Date Wraps
"My friends and I used to make the traditional bacon-wrapped jalapenos at cookouts. I decided to sweeten them up a bit with dates and apricots, which are also more kid-friendly." —Susan Hinton, Apex, North Carolina
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 36 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cut each bacon strip into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon in
- batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with blue
- cheese. Wrap a bacon piece around each stuffed date; secure with
- wooden toothpicks.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes
- or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.