Your party guests will be pleasantly surprised to find that these aren't eyeballs at all--they're yummy peanut butter balls! Little ghouls will find them fun to eat.--Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 24 brown Reese's pieces or milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, peanut butter
- and butter. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined
- pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip
- balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately press a Reese's candy onto the top of each eyeball for
- pupil. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, food coloring and remaining
- confectioners' sugar. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic
- bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe wavy lines downward
- from pupil, creating the look of bloodshot eyes. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium,