No one can resist these buttery muffins bursting with juicy blackberries. They make a nice addition to any breakfast table.
Julee Walberg, Carson City, Nevada
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at
- a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking
- powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately
- with milk. beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle
- with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.