Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah pairs sweet blackberries with tangy vanilla yogurt to churn out this purple delight. "You could also use boysenberries, raspberries or strawberries," she notes.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (32 ounces) fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a food processor, puree blackberries, water and lemon juice.
- Strain blackberries, reserving juice and pulp. Discard seeds. Return
- pureed blackberries to food processor; add sugar and vanilla. Cover
- and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and blackberry mixture. Fill cylinder
- of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the
- manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready
- to freeze. When yogurt is frozen, transfer to a freezer container;
- freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 200 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.