I adapted this comforting dessert from a recipe my mother-in-law gave to me. Hers fed a family with nine growing kids who were never full, so there was never any left. When I make my downsized version, there are never any leftovers either!
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour over berries. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and
- cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is
- bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 576 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.