Blackberry Cloud Parfaits
From Dorothy Reinhold of Malibu, California comes this delightful treat that saves calories and carbs by using sugar-free gelatin. This bright pink dessert is made special with layers of fresh blackberries.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups blackberries, divided
- 1 carton (6 ounces) blackberry yogurt
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 40 minutes.
- Set aside 8 teaspoons whipped topping and eight blackberries for
- garnish. Fold yogurt and remaining whipped topping into gelatin.
- Divide half of the gelatin mixture among eight parfait glasses or
- dessert dishes. Layer with remaining blackberries and gelatin
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Garnish with reserved
- whipped topping and berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 parfait equals 122 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.