Black-Eyed Peas Salad
This hearty salad tastes extra-special if the flavors are allowed to blend overnight. But once my family knows I'm making their most-requested dish, it disappears quickly!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white or yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Add
- remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill until ready to
- serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 390 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.