Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Peg Wilson of Elm Creek, Nebraska provides us with her version of “Texas Caviar” that provides for so many possibilities. It's as flavorful as it is colorful and works well alone or as an accompaniment.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with
- dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad,
- with tortilla chips or over pork chops. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.