Black-Eyed Pea Salad
"A can of black-eyed peas is the main ingredient in this side dish that comes together fast," says Carol Forcum of Marion, Illinois. "It tastes and looks fresh, thanks to the peppers, onions, tomato and celery."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 45 calories, 194 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable.