Black-Bottom Banana Bars
These bars stay very moist, and their rich banana and chocolate flavor is even better the second day. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe, and it's a big favorite with both my husband and two sons.Rene Wright, Ferryville, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Stir in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl
- with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool a wire rack. Yield: 2-1/2 to
- 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium,