Black Bean Spinach Pizza
"A relative brought this vegetarian pizza to a family gathering, and everyone enjoyed it," says Kim Balvance from Shakopee, Minnesota. "It's great right out of the oven, but I think leftovers are even better reheated the next day."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. In a small bowl,
- combine the beans, onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic; spread
- over crust. Layer with salsa, spinach and cilantro. Sprinkle with
- hot pepper sauce and cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.