- crisp and onion is tender. Add Anaheim pepper and garlic; cook 1
- minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree half of the soup in a blender; return to the pan. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with fruit salsa.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup soup with 1/3 cup salsa equals 298 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.