Biscuit Pizza Bake
This recipe from Emma Hageman of Waucoma, Iowa provides all the flavor of traditional pizza in a convenient casserole. "It's chock-full of ground beef, pepperoni and veggies, so it's perfect for a potluck or to feed the men in the fields," she notes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased shallow 3-qt.
- baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Drain beef; sprinkle over
- biscuits and sauce.
- Layer with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.