Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups
“This is a lightened up version of an original recipe that called for regular bacon and eggs,” writes Aris Gonzalez from Deltona, Florida. “Everyone loves it and thinks I really fussed, but it's so easy! It makes such a pretty presentation that I often serve this to overnight guests.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 turkey bacon strips
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes on each
- side or until partially set but not crisp. Coat six muffin cups with
- cooking spray; wrap two bacon strips around the inside of each cup.
- Fill each with 1/4 cup egg substitute; top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 breakfast cup equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.