Bing Cherry Sherbet
To whip up this pretty pink sherbet studded with dark, sweet cherries, you’ll need an ice-cream maker and a total of only four ingredients! Or try with sliced peaches and peach soda. Thanks to Helen Humble of Longview, Texas for the recipe.
17 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large saucepan, bring cherries and sugar to a boil over medium
- heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large
- bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in soda and milk. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds
- full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate
- remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer
- container; freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the
- freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 201 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.