- pan. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, cinnamon, salt,
- pureed sweet potato and remaining sugar. Remove milk from the heat;
- stir a small amount of hot milk into egg mixture. Return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla. Pour over caramelized
- Place cake pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to
- larger pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until
- center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove cake pan from water
- bath; cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and
- orange peel; beat until stiff peaks form. To serve flan, run knife
- around edge of pan. Invert flan onto a serving plate; serve with
- whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons whipped cream equals 366 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.