Big Pine French Toast
I love serving this breakfast on Christmas morning. Add a rising-sun orange slice and herb-garnish grass to this hearty hardwood and enjoy a taste of the great outdoors.Jan McCormick, Rosemount, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups eggnog
- 8 slices day-old bread
- 8 pork sausage links
- Green colored sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- 4 orange slices and fresh herbs, optional
- Pour eggnog into a shallow bowl; dip both sides of bread in eggnog.
- In a nonstick skillet, toast bread over medium heat for 2 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in another skillet,
- brown the sausage.
- Cut French toast diagonally; place four slices, overlapping slightly,
- on each serving plate for the tree. Place two sausages at the bottom
- for the trunk. Sprinkle with sugars. Add an orange slice for the sun
- and herbs for grass if desired. Yield: 4 servings.