Better-For-You Buttermilk Pancakes
The name is just one reason you should try these for dinner; sweet, fluffy goodness is the other.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh mixed berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the egg
- whites, egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray. Turn when bubbles just form on top; cook until second side is
- golden brown. Serve with berries if desired. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pancakes (calculated without berries) equals 189 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,