Best Rhubarb Punch
This is a lively new twist on lemonade and a fun way to use up some of your extra rhubarb. We always look froward to summer when we can enjoy this refreshing drink out on our patio on a hot afternoon.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle (1 liter) lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a
- boil; reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is
- tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process half the mixture at a time until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a large container; add enough water to
- make 1 gallon. Serve on ice. Yield: about 24-30 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.