Best Mashed Potatoes
It's just not Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes! In this version, our home economists stir in half-and-half, sour cream and chives.
16-18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cream, sour cream, butter, salt and
- pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with chives if
- desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.