Best Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Need a different type of sandwich for a party? Try this recipe and everyone will be complimenting these great-tasting sandwiches. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) Italian turkey sausage links
- 10 sandwich buns, split
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the spaghetti sauce, green peppers,
- onions, garlic powder and fennel seed. Cover and cook on low for 4
- hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Grill sausages according to package directions. Serve on buns with
- sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 454 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,716 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.