Best-Ever Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
For a classic grilled sandwich, this recipe is the best. You can also use your imagination for other fillings, such as a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, chives or even a tiny spoonful of salsa. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices sweet onion
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over two bread slices. Layer
- with cheeses, onion, tomato and bacon; top with remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 714 calories, 48 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,291 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.